Monday, August 23, 2010

Hunger Games

Last night I finished reading "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. (Thanks for the suggestion Dani, and thanks Kelsie for letting me borrow it!) Unfortunately, when I say "finished", I also meant started. Yes, I read it in one day. I hate to admit it, but we left church a little early partly because I COULD NOT stop thinking about getting back to my book! I LOVED IT! What is it about fighting with evil and doing it while trying to figure out who you love as a teenage girl that gets me hooked? I mean, isn't that what Twilight was basically about? Another book that is hard to put down. Although this book is NOTHING like Twilight, it does bring you back to a certain vulnerability of a teenage girl fighting through life with a few handsome boys around. So here's my recommend for the day. Jump onto half.com and grab this book. The best news about it though, is that it's part of a trilogy. I'm not going to start the second book today because today is my first day of school... woot, woot, but I'll be reading it for sure at the end of the week. I'll let you know how it goes :).

1 comment:

  1. OMG i LOVE the hunger games! i pre-ordered the third book like a month ago, and am dying that it comes out tomorrow! I swear the second one is even better than the first, you might die.

    ReplyDelete