Thursday, December 9, 2010

13th Week Ultrasound



The tuesday before Thanksgiving, Jerid and I went in for my 13 week appointment. When the doctor was doing the ultrasound, we were shocked to see how much our little munchkin changed! He/She looked like a real baby! (I can't stand saying "it", so I'll be referring to the baby as He or She, randomly) She was jumping up and down and sucking her thumb and she even had the hiccups! Her heart beat was strong and fast and darling altogether. Each week I read up on the developments he'll be going through and I almost get a little sad at how quickly things are moving. He developed his eye lashes and eyebrows this week... it seems so soon! My baby bump is starting to really get going this week. Although all my clothes still fit me fine, I get super uncomfortable with any pressure on my lower stomach, so my buttons are definitely getting undone every time I sit down. :) I'm sure by next week I'll have a photo worthy belly picture to put up.

As for Jerid and I, we are finishing up our finals this week and next. I'm really struggling with confidence for my Anatomy exam, so I'll be bearing down extra hard the next four days to prepare. Jerid has done well on his first test and seems to be heading into the next few strong. He's been an amazing support for me the last few months and has been working so hard at school as well. I'm so thankful for him.

We're due to be moved out of our place on Wednesday (which is also the last day of our semester). We'll be taking our stuff up to my parents house in Shingle Springs then heading to Fruitland for Christmas and the month of January. The break couldn't come at a better time. We can't wait to see all of our friends and family!

My next appointment isn't until December 29th. Hopefully they'll do an ultrasound and we'll find out if the baby is a girl or boy. We can't wait, more than anything so that we can start buying things.

Until next time,

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to find out what you guys are having! I feel like I should be calling this baby my neice or nephew, not cousin. It's weird being 20 years older than my cousin haha.
    When I see baby stuff at the store I start thinking about what I can buy for your new little one :)

    ReplyDelete